About Me

My photo
Hey I'm Emz and if you must know one thing about me it's my ability to ramble about anything. Perhaps this makes me a great blogger, but then again could also make me a crazy person. I like to think it makes me a good candidate for a career in Journalism... which happens to be exactly my dream, HOORAY FOR COINCIDENCES *wink*
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday 12 February 2013

Review: Maybelline Colour Tattoo

Hey guys, I know that this is a relatively 'old' product but I recently purchased it and it featured in my last video so I thought I would just chat about what I think about the Maybelliene 24 hour Colour Tattoo eye shadows  They are a cream gel based formula and so stay on for a lengthy amount of time indeed! 


I bought mine in 'Eternal Gold' as I often use gold or silver on my eyes along with a brighter colour in my corner and crease and the gold shadow I currently use is running out. I have seen a lot about these shadows and wanted to test one out for myself. I know I'll definitely get a lot of use out of this shade. It comes in seven different colours and I would love to try the 'Turquoise forever' shadow as it looks so bright and amazing!
I only bought it a couple of weeks ago and already I have used it on several occassions including in a makeup tutorial video I have done on my YouTube channel! :D 
So far I love the fact that it is a cream gel, a consistency I never thought I would get on with, but it isn't too thick and slides on pretty easily although you do have to use your fingers, a brush is a no-go area with this. It looks like I have used barely any of the shadow which I love as it means it will last a very long time for me. I think the price was around £4 which I don't think is too bad for the amount you get and the staying power is fantastic! When using powder-based shadows I find they wear away far easier and by the end of the day it all seems to have collected in the creases of my eyes (I have quite oily eye lids) whereas this cream didn't appear to do so as much if indeed at all.

The colour pigmentation of this eyeshadow is amazing and apologies for the shocking first photo, my camera just does not do it justice. Especially with powder shadows I find that the colour doesn't look on what it looks like in the palette and so I'm constantly disappointed, however, this definitely looked like it was in the jar and therefore five stars to Maybelline for colour payoff! 
Oh and if anyone wants to know, the colour on my nails in 'Mojito Madness' by Essie :)

Postives:
  • Good price for quality
  • Excellent pigmentation
  • Great staying power
  • Looks the same on the eye as in the jar
  • Large amount in the jar, lasts a long time
Negatives:
  • Slightly too yellow a gold in my opinion but that's something I can easily get over.
As you can see there are far more positives than negatives. The only other criticism I have is that I would like more colours to choose from but I guess that's something which takes time to formulate and maybe we will be seeing more of these in the future who knows?! Hope you enjoyed that little review and if you don't have a Maybelline Colour Tattoo already then I suggest you run out and buy one, I'm in love with mine :)
See you next time!
Oh and do check out my latest video! Chow :)



2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I have amazingly not tried these! I have however got one of the 17 cream eyeshadows which I think are quite good! Followed!
    blog: http://beyondimagination12.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Florence! I'm not usually a cream shadow person as I find they make my eyes feel a little sticky but these are great! Do go and try them :) Thanks for the follow! I will go and check out your blog and follow too x

      Delete