About Me

My photo
Hey I'm Emz and if you must know one thing about me it's my ability to ramble about anything. Perhaps this makes me a great blogger, but then again could also make me a crazy person. I like to think it makes me a good candidate for a career in Journalism... which happens to be exactly my dream, HOORAY FOR COINCIDENCES *wink*
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday 20 January 2013

Advice? From YOU!?

So here you go guys, my new video yeyyyyeeeeeoooo!! 

This one is entitled 'favourites on a 17 year old's budget'. Now some of you may be thinking 'Why should I trust the advice of a seventeen year old?' Want my advice? Nahh course you don't, I'm 17 ;) Well I advise you to trust me and I will tell you some of my beauty failures. WARNING: Severe embarrassment coming up...

Reason number one as to why you should watch my video: I have had my fair share of mishaps during my younger teenage years with makeup. Believe it or not I have not always been this great at applying it (you jokin'). In fact, one of my first experiences of actually wearing makeup was when I was round at one of my oldest friend's houses about 8 years ago. She had been given a gift set with various things in such as several eyeliners, eyeshadows and lip glosses I think. Anyway, the mishap happened with the eyeliner. At age 9/10 we thought we were old enough to wear little amounts of makeup... which would have been fine had we known how to apply it. Dear lord I do not recommend you leave children alone with makeup. Seriously. How did we even think it looked good!? Instead of applying the eyeliner pencil along our water lines, (her idea not mine) we thought it would be best to apply them UNDERNEATH our eyes following where bags generally are. What even!? That is not even the worst part. Not only did we look revolting, we actually ENCOURAGED each other and complimented on how good it looked. We eventually walked out to greet her mom and tell her how amazing we looked. No surprise we were laughed at and had our faces scrubbed at :') To give you an idea I even have a photo to demonstrate this mistake. Please excuse my naked eye and face.


So I did eventually learn from this mistake I promise, only probably not as much as anyone would have hoped.
Reason number two: I wore FAR too much eyeliner underneath my eyes from the ages of 13 to 14 . I am not even joking, You should see my passport photo. When I took it as ID for a 15 certificate film a couple of years ago I swear the guy at the desk took a double take and stared at me like I was a different person. I look dead. I think I went through a 'phase' at that age and decided to wear dark makeup and dark clothes. When I was 14 I slightly reduced the amount of eyeliner I wore to a more acceptable level and was wearing mascara too thank god. I can still remember wearing JUST eyeliner at one point, big mistake. If you watch my video you can see that I definitely grew out of that (phew). I remember that I wore it because I was insecure if I didn't and my family would tell me how ridiculous it looked, which would just make me feel more insecure (god knows why) but luckily I did eventually grow out of that AWFUL habit. 


The photo is sort of stretched and deformed but you get the idea :') Don't I just look like the sort of scary teenager you would avoid? The answer to that is yes.

Reason number three: I was a brace face. Yes I had terrible terrible teeth. No. TERRIBLE. Most people had good teeth and mine looked like they had been involved in a car accident and I am not exaggerating. I even had a cast of my teeth when my moulds were done just so I could compare after I had had them removed. I kept the cast for quite a while and when people saw it they were shocked. Thank god for braces, 'nuff said. This of course means that I know what it is like to feel insecure (who doesn't?) but it also means I dealt with 2 years of braces all so that the end result would make me feel better about myself. 

Me with braces in France.

Reason number four: Not only was I terrible at applying eyeliner, but me and my friend (the same friend as in reason one) used to see each other and have 'makeover' days. We would grab all items of makeup and products we could find and go to town on each other's face and hair. Unfortunately I have no photos of what  we looked like but I will add one with one of our major mistakes. Eyeshadow. Okay so we were 10 or so but we STILL should have known that this look was not good. When it came to blusher, it was applied directly to the cheeks in circles to make one look as though they had been slapped in the face... hard... with a brick. Not the best of looks I am sure you will agree :') The eyeshadow as mentioned before was applied with force and so that the person who was enjoying the 'makeover'(torture) was left with massively blue eyes that could only be removed with vigorous scrubbing. Not only this but I still think there was yet again a lack of mascara. It might just be the shape of my eyes but I just look ill with any makeup on without mascara. I am even pretty sure we found pots of glitter and PLASTERED them all over our faces. Dear Lord. However, the face was not the only issue. Hair. Well. I can vividly remember my friend sitting in a chair in the middle of the room and me practically attacking her hair with a brush, backcombing it, plaiting it, twisting it into various shapes of my choosing, only to hear from her 'Wow Em, that's really good!' I'm starting to think she was lying...


So there we have it, I am totally trustworthy because I have just told you all of my flaws with makeup during my 17 year life, right? Let's just say yes. So after reading that you simply MUST go and watch my video, you'll regret it if you don't ;) BYEBYE <3



2 comments:

  1. hello missy, loving your blog, its design is just fab. I am nominating you for the versatile blogger away simply cause your great (",)

    pop over to my blog and ya shall see the details

    xoxox
    judith

    http://greatlittlefinds.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judith! Haha I will do just that :') xxxx

      Delete